Frequently asked questions


Do I need to call School’s Out if I called the elementary school to let them know my child will be out?

Yes. School’s Out is separate from the elementary school. To ensure the safety of the children we must verify our attendance.

What if I’m going to be late to pick up my child?

Please contact the site: Eagle: (518) 439-0195 -or- Elsmere: (518) 478-0897 -or- Enrichment Center: (518) 478-9298 -or- Glenmont: (518) 463-1063 -or- Hamagrael: (518) 439-6025 -or- Slingerlands: (518) 478-9517 -or- Parents of children who remain past 6:00 p.m. (or 5:45 p.m. in the summer) will be charged $1 per child per minute.

If I sent a note to school that my child is going on the bus or being picked up, do I need to tell SOI?

Yes, please contact the site: Eagle: (518) 439-0195 -or- Elsmere: (518) 478-0897 -or- Enrichment Center: (518) 478-9298 -or- Glenmont: (518) 463-1063 -or- Hamagrael: (518) 439-6025 -or- Slingerlands: (518) 478-9517 -or-

What do I need to do if my child will not be at the program?

Please contact the site: Eagle: (518) 439-0195 -or- Elsmere: (518) 478-0897 -or- Enrichment Center: (518) 478-9298 -or- Glenmont: (518) 463-1063 -or- Hamagrael: (518) 439-6025 -or- Slingerlands: (518) 478-9517 -or-

If my child is in the program and I need additional care, what can I do?

You are allowed up to three (3) instances of using a program your child is not normally signed up for, providing you have made the request in advance with the Program Registrar;

Why do I need to sign my child in and/or out?

NYS School Age Child Care Regulations require this. The person must be at least 16 years old.


What happens when school is dismissed early due to inclement weather?

On days where the Bethlehem School District dismisses one hour early at 2:00 p.m., School’s Out, Inc. will operate the afternoon program until 4:00 p.m. Children must be picked up by this time. When the school district dismisses two hours early at 1:00 p.m., School’s Out, Inc. will be closed.

What happens when school is delayed in the morning due to inclement weather?

When the Bethlehem School District has any delay in the morning, School’s Out, Inc. morning programs will be closed.

What happens when school is closed due to inclement weather?

When the Bethlehem School District is closed, all of the School’s Out, Inc. programs are closed.

Where is the “lost & found?”

Inquire at the site that your child attends.

How are the children split when going outside, to the gym or during snack?

Indoor & outdoor gross motor activities are split based on age-group (i.e. K-2nd & 3rd-5th) A peanut-free table is available at each site for children with allergies.

What time do the buses arrive at the Enrichment Center site?

A current schedule can be found at either the Enrichment Center or by contacting the Bethlehem Transportation Department.

Can you make sure my child does homework at program?

Site Managers strive to provide a quiet homework area depending upon the space available. School’s Out, Inc. staff cannot provide private tutoring for homework and will not force a child to do homework. However, School’s Out offers a “homework contract,” an agreement between you and your child that he or she will try to work on homework for a certain amount of time each day. The Site Manager would be happy to help you and your child with this contract.

What is each site’s home toy policy?

Site Managers have the children determine the one day each week designated for home toys to be available for play during a specific time. A sign will be posted for the parents and children to know what day this activity will be allowed. All items not permitted in the elementary schools will not be allowed in the School’s Out programs. School’s Out, Inc. is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.

What are your ID procedures?

According to NYS Regulations and for the protection of your children , identification will be requested (license or picture ID). Parents, please inform other adults who are listed on the pickup sheet of this policy.

Vacation Care

What is Half Day Vacation Care?

When the Bethlehem Central School District has a scheduled early dismissal, School’s Out, Inc. runs a Half Day Vacation Care Program. Parents sign up and pay an extra fee for these days. Our Half Day Program then runs from 11:45 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. The schedules for these days run the same as Full Day Vacation Care, but on half days we do not go on field trips due to bus scheduling. The children are split up by schools and are bussed to the assigned sites.

What is Full Day Vacation Care?

When the Bethlehem Central School District is closed all day, School’s Out runs a Vacation Care Program. Parents sign up and pay extra for these particular days. Full Day Vacation Care runs from 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. The children that attend vacation care are typically split by school. On these days we may go on field trips or have a special visitor.

Can parents suggest field trip ideas?

Parent input is always appreciated.

How do you supervise the children while swimming and on field trips off site?

The children are split in two groups. Buddy checks are performed every 15 minutes for non-swim field trips & every 10 minutes for swim field trips.

Why do certain schools get bussed to other particular schools on vacation care half days?

Bethlehem School District decides which elementary schools are available to School’s Out, Inc. We place the children at specific locations based on the schools they attend.

On half day vacation care days, how will my child get from one site to another site?

The Bethlehem School District transports the children.

How will I receive information about where my child will attend on vacation care days?

A confirmation listing the site your child will attend is emailed prior to the vacation day.

Where do I find vacation care information (regarding trips, times, etc.)?

Information will be available a month in advance for families.

What happens if there is a large amount of snow on a Vacation Care day?

Snow closings, delays and early dismissals will be announced on TV and radio, as they are for regular school days.

Where is the “lost and found” for vacation care items?

Lost and found items from vacation care are returned to the Main Office. Please contact to assist in locating items.

What type of field trips do you take?

The children travel to a variety of field trips including: rollerskating, museums, theatres, bowling, parks & more!

What is the daily schedule like?

Full Day & Half Day Vacation Care Days are filled with a variety of activities including: * STEAM * Art/ Craft * Gross Motor/Field Games * Team-Building * Music * Health & Nutrition * Theme Activities * Nature The major difference between Full and Half Day programs is a daily field trip or outreach program included in the Full-Day program.


What are the hours?

Program runs from 7:30 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.

What is a weekly schedule like?

The program follows exciting weekly themes and travels 4 days/week. Daily activities include: STEAM, Art, Health/ Nutrtion, Team-Building, Gross Motor, Nature, Music, Water activities & Special Events. AM/PM snack are provided.

Where is your Summer Camp Program located?

Our Summer Camp Program is located at the Enrichment Center; 239 Delaware Ave, Delmar NY 12054.

What is the ratio of children to staff during the summer?

While traveling, School's Out maintains a 1:5 ratio for children within our Junior Group (1st-2nd grade) & a 1:8 ratio for children in our Senior Group (3rd-6th grade.) A 1:10 ratio is maintained at site.

What is School's Out's policy for swimming?

The children will be swimming in State licensed pools and Parks with certified lifeguards. Children are allowed in chest deep water only. Each child will be paired with a buddy while swimming. Every 10 minutes a buddy check will be conducted. An orange program flag is used to remind the children that School’s Out, Inc. is announcing buddy checks.

How does School's Out implement sun safety?

Parents are asked to bring in labeled sunscreen for their child. Staff will assist children at scheduled times throughout the day to apply sunscreen.Children with a written parent consent may topically apply their own sunscreen. If a child is appearing that they are needing extra precautions, staff will help to move them to a shaded area or ask them to put on a t-shirt to protect the child's skin.

What does my child need to bring to camp?

Children should come prepared with the following: * Sunscreen * Sneakers * Water Bottle * Bagged lunch * Bathing Suit * Towel * Change of Clothes * SOI T-Shirt (on all days traveling) * Backpack

Does School's Out have a playground?

School's Out, Inc has access to the Elsmere Elementary playground, next door.

Who transports the children for the weekly field trips?

All transportation for the daily field trips is through the Bethlehem Central School District Transportation Department.

Do I need to register my child for the whole summer?

School's Out, Inc. Summer Camp Program is a full-week program. Register for as many weeks as you would like!

How often are Buddy Checks conducted?

Buddy checks are done every 10 minutes on swim field trips & every 15 minutes on non-swim field trips.

How do i know if my child is eligible for camp?

The Summer Day Camp program is eligible for children entering 1st grade through 6th grade. Children must be enrolled for a full week, Monday through Friday. Children may be enrolled for as many weeks as the summer program operates, providing there is space available.

School's Out, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. However, if the extent of a child’s disability requires additional staffing (or the child is assigned/shares an aide during the school day) the child will be unable to be enrolled unless special arrangements are made by their parents to obtain an aide. Each child entering program, must be able to independently care for themselves (i.e. feed/ toilet themselves, independently communicate). SOI will make every effort to accommodate every child & parent. Please indicate on the Registration Form if your child has special needs, to help us plan for your child.


Can I drop off my tuition check at the program site?

No site can accept payment of any kind. Checks can be dropped off at the School’s Out Main Office. In the event the office is closed, there is a mail slot in the entrance closest to the woods.

How do I get my Flex Spending form signed?

In person: It can be signed at the School’s Out office between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. daily.
Mail to: School’s Out, Inc., 239 Delaware Ave., Delmar, NY 12054
Fax to: (518) 439-0404
Email to:

What are my payment options?

Payment options include: * Tuition Express Automatic Payment * Tuition Express One-Time Online Payment * MyProcare Payment * Check * Credit Card/Cash Payment at School's Out, Inc Main Office

How do I get SOI t-shirts for my children?

T-shirts are available for sale at the School’s Out main office for $7 each.

How do I receive my tuition bill?

Your bill is emailed once a month.

What are the hours of the School’s Out office?

The main office hours are 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.